Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Healthy Snack: Yogurt Covered Pretzels!








Who doesnt like pretzels?
Now, who doesnt like yogurt covered pretzels?
I love them!!!

I found the recipe here.

It is quite easy... or so I thought

I gathered all of the ingredients,

turned the oven on at 250° F, and mixed the yogurt and sugar (adding gradually), but the consistency never seemed right. It was a bit runny and clear-ish.




Dipped the pretzels and set on the cookie sheet...



Turned the oven off and stuck the cookie sheet in the top of the oven and let it sit for about 4 hours until the yogurt mixture "hardened".
I think that was my mistake... using a cookie sheet instead of a cooling rack.. They turned out yuk!

So I think I will just stick to my old recipe :)
Easier and healthier!

So here is my recipe:

Get yogurt, dip the pretzels in it, put on a cookie sheet (with waxed paper for easy removal) and stick them in the freezer!!
They'll be done in a couple of hours.. Ready to enjoy!



The downside: they will melt if left in room temperature...

But hey!! I love cold and crunchy snacks
Beware, the pretzel will soften a little as the days go by, but they usually dont last long enough before I eat them all!

Tip: I recommend buying non-salty pretzels..

No comments:

Post a Comment