Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What to do with a mirror that has no frame? Make a Red Flowers Frame


So this idea came from a trip to Pier 1 Imports where I saw this frame..

(not the best picture, but the frame was on the highest shelf, and Im only 5'4", so...)


I loved the idea, but Im a college student, so spending any sort of money that is not directly related to school is usually not possible..

And I had this mirror laying around with no frame at all :(

So, my creative side kicked in!

Here is a quick tutorial of how I did my frame (I think the picture of the frame itself is pretty self explanatory)

You will need:

Tape (I taped all around the mirror, so there woultnd be any raw edges) - optional
Scissors
hot glue gun and glue (I used less than a stick)
And felt (depends on the size of your frame.. I used some left overs I had from when I purchased felt to make an angry bird (which actually called for FLEECE, not felt!!! but I had already cut the pattern pieces, so I couldnt return it) But you can buy the small sheets of fleece (2 or 3 should be anough.. if you dont use them, you can always return them or keep them for another project!)

Anyway, make small circles  from the felt(trial and error is the best way to go, because smalled circles will look better on a smaller frame, and bigger circles will look better on a bigger frame)


My circles ranged from 1" to 2"..


Fold circle in half, put some hot glue and attach it to the frame making a "half circle" (refer to picture)
             

Do the same with another circle of felt, and attach it facing the other circle...



TIP: Dont put the hot glue directly on the frame, is better to put it directly on the felt circle



Continue until the whole frame is covered by beautiful red roses- or pink, or yellow, or purple, or white!
I only did one row of roses because my mirror is small, but you can add as many rows as you wish!

And you have a beautiful flower frame! :)

Here is a pic of the finished frame


You could also do something like this with an old/thrift store frame that needs some revamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment