Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

DIY: Wedding Day Garter Tutorial.

Welcome friends from Pinterest!! Leave a sweet comment and subscribe if you like this tutorial




Even though we are not tossing a garter at the reception, I still wanted to have one for Ace to take off later.

So, I decided to make one!

I had seen this picture on Pinterest and I really liked the fact that it was lace and not just elastic with satin fabric.

Via Pinterest

You will need:
Stretch lace trim (I got mine at hobby lobby).
Three fabric flowers and extra fabric that matches the flowers
Small beads
Clear/white/ivory thread (and needle)

To begin, measure your thigh and cut your lace trim 1" shorter than this.
Sew the edges together by overlapping 1" of the lace and doing a zig zag over the raw edges. Like so...


Now it's time for the fun part!


Gather your fabric flowers and decide how you want to arrange them. Learn how to make these fabric flowers here and here. I added gold beads to the center of my flowers. 

I took a picture of how I wanted to arrange them (I ended up changing the arrangement, but that helped me have an idea for when I sewed them on).



Pin the flowers in place and sew a couple of stitch to keep them in place.



Later on, I added a few fabric "petals" under one of the flowers. 




And more beads directly onto the lace in the shape of a leaf.
And tadah! You are done :)


If I were to throw my garter, I would probably make a second one, but without the bling; the bling was very time consuming

God bless,
Aranza


No comments:

Post a Comment